- almonds coarsely chopped to garnish
- 1 brown onion thinly sliced
- 500g lean pork mince
- 10 button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 packet of sweet potato noodles
- 1 packet Satay tofu cut into 2cm squares
- 2 tbsp sambal oelek
- 1 tbsp kecap manis sweet soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 lime cut in half or wedges
- Heat oil in a fry pan and stir-fry almonds until brown. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in wok and fry onion until soft. Add pork mince and fry until browned.
- Add mushrooms and tofu, stir-fry until mushrooms are just tender.
- Add sambal oelek, kecap manis and tamarind paste and stir through until sauce thickens slightly. Stir through cooked noodles.
- Remove and serve with toasted almonds and squeeze of lime juice.
Brands and product used
- ABC - Sweet Soy Sauce