- Lentils, water
- Coconut oil, garlic, (minced) ginger, shallots
- Curry powder, turmeric powder, hot chilli pepper, salt
- Coconut milk
- Soak lentils in water to soften them overnight (6-8 hours). Drain and set aside.
- On a pan (with medium heat), add coconut oil. Cook garlic, ginger, and shallots for a few minutes.
- Fry the curry powder, and turmeric powder. Season with salt.
- Add coconut milk and reduce to low heat.
- Add the lentils to the mixture and let it cook for a bit.
- Add a bit of lemon juice (optional) before serving the dish.
Brands and product used
- TCC - Coconut Cream