- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 chicken thigh fillets
- 2/3 red capsicum
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 400mL TTC Lite Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 400g fresh egg noodles
- curry paste - 2 eschalots
- curry paste - 3 dried chillies (adjust to taste)
- curry paste - 1 lemongrass stalk
- curry paste - 5 cm ginger peeled
- curry paste - 2 garlic cloves
- curry paste - 1 tsp curry powder
- curry paste - 1 tsp turmeric powder
- curry paste - 1 tsp shrimp paste
- curry paste - 1 handful of coriander
- to serve - 200g crunchy fried noodles
- to serve - lime wedges
- to serve -coriander leaves
- Prepare the ingredients by slicing the chicken thigh fillets and capsicum into thin slices and dicing the onion.
- To make the curry paste, blend all the ingredients until they form a smooth, non-clumpy paste.
- Heat a deep frying pan over medium-low heat with the curry paste and vegetable oil and fry for up to 5 mins so the aroma comes out. (The paste will try and stick to the bottom so stir occasionally.)
- Add the chicken, capsicum, onion, fish sauce, and soy sauce and cook until the solid ingredients are coated in sauce. Do not cook the chicken all the way through.
- Next, add the sugar, chicken stock, coconut milk and lime juice, turn the heat up and simmer to reduce the sauce and finish cooking the chicken.
- Meanwhile, boil the noodles in hot water (or according to packet, drain and serve up in bowls.
- Ladle out the curry on top of the noodles so that they're swimming in sauce. Then serve with a (generous) handful of crunchy fried noodles, lime slices and coriander.
Brands and product used
- TCC - Lite Coconut Milk