- coconut cream 400ml
- Gula malacca (palm sugar) 300g
- Glutinous rice flour 500g
- Rice flour 100g
- Milk 50ml
- Water 230ml
- Coconut oil (or any vegetable oil) 1tbsp
- Dissolve the palm sugar with 160ml water, then set aside to cool down
- Mix all other ingredients (except oil) together till smooth
- Add mixture from step one into mixture of step two, mix till smooth
- Add oil in, mix till smooth
- Pour batter into container, make sure no bubbles on top, cover with foil
- Steam with high heat for 60-90 mins. Open the foil cover carefully without water droplets on the nian gai. Check with a toothpick. If no mixture stick onto it while pulling out, it’s cooked.
- Can serve while warm or leave it overnight, slice it then dip into egg mixture and panfry. Serve warm.
Product used in recipe
- TCC - Premium Coconut Cream