- 450g pork belly slab
- 20g red fermented bean curd
- 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking wine
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 egg, whisked
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1.5 tbsp vegetable oil
- Trim skin off the pork belly slab, slice lengthways approx 1.5-2cm wide.
- In a small bowl, combine well the red fermented bean curd, five spice powder, oyster sauce, cooking wine, minced garlic, dark soy sauce, sesame oil and egg into a marinade.
- Marinate pork belly for a minimum of 4 hours. For more intense flavours, marinate overnight.
- In a separate bowl, mix plain flour, rice flour and corn flour until combined to make a dusting flour mix.
- Coat the marinated pork belly evenly with the dusting flour mix.
- With a pastry brush, brush vegetable oil on all sides of the pork belly.
- Place pork belly in air fryer basket, ensuring there are no overlaps. Air fry at 190C for 6 minutes each side.
- Remove air fried pork belly from air fryer basket, leave to cool before slicing.
- Serve with rice, fresh greens and hot sauce.
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Oyster Sauce