- 1 cup dried anchovies
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 1 cup anchovies
- 500g pork bones
- 10 cups water
- 3 stalks scallions (white part)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup ground pork
- 4 dried shitake mushrooms (sliced in strips)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Wash the anchovies thoroughly until water turns clear then drain.
- Wash the pork bones, then put it in boiling water. Put the washed pork bones into a pot of boiling water, leave for a few minutes, then skim the white cloudy residue that floats. After, remove pork bones, then wash with cold water.
- Bring into boil 10 cups of water. Add 1 cup anchovies, pork bones, and scallions. Boil soup for over 1 hour with medium low heat. Add water once water evaporates then season with salt.
- For the dough, mix and the ingredients together with spoon first. Then knead the dough with your hand until the dough is not sticky. Add a bit of water to get your desired consistency. Cover with damp cloth and rest for an hour.While the dough is resting, prepare the ground pork and mushroom topping.
- Add the oil into the wok, when it heated, add garlic and stir-fry. Add the ground pork and continue to stir-fry. Add mushrooms, stir to combine well. Season with all the seasoning and add water. Turn heat to low, braise for 5-mins. Mix cornstarch with water then add it to make a thicker sauce. Set aside.
- Fry the remaining anchovies with oil until golden brown. Set aside.
- Boil a pot of water while you prepare the dough.Divide the dough into few portions, flatten the dough with rolling pin on a flat surface with some flour. Cut the dough into thicker strands using a knife. Or you can just tear the dough into pieces.
- Cook the noodles in the boiling water. When the dough floats to the surface, it is ready to dish out.
- To serve, boil the soup in another saucepan and add bok choy into the soup. Add a dash of white pepper.In a serving bowl, add the desired amount of noodles, pour the soup, bok choy, mushroom and then the fried anchovies.
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Chicken Bouillon Powder
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce