- 1. 500g Kangaroo mince (or Beef mince).2. 450 firm Tofu. 3. 140g Tomato paste.4. 3 tablespoons Homemade garlic and ginger marinade sauce (see attached).5. 100g breadcrumbs.6. 3 medium size onions.
- Pink Dressing - Optional• 5 tablespoons Kewpie Mayonnaise.• 5 tablespoons Heinz Tomato Ketchup.
- 1. Finely Chopped onion. 2. Put kangaroo mince in a large bowl, break the Tofu to very small pieces and add without the liquid. Mix in all the remaining ingredients until well combined.3. Use handful of burger mixture to make a shape, (any type of shape round, square & triangle) I have made it into figure 8 shape for Chinese lucky symbol.4. Make sure to tap & rotate the mixture a couple of times between hands to avoid air pockets in the mixture.5. Heat frypan, low to medium high, with cooking oil just enough to cover the frypan base. Place few shaped burgers in the frypan at a time. Cover with lid and cook for 5 minutes, then turn over and cook for a further 3 minutes. Remove and place on a plate ready to serve.6. Add dressing over top of burger (optional).
- Combine mayonnaise and tomato ketchup in a small bowl, stir until it appears a pink colour.
- Homemade garlic and ginger marinade sauce - (can be pre-made)• 2 Spring onion finely chopped. • 3 cloves of garlic minced.• 1 teaspoon minced ginger.• couple drops of Yeo’s sesames oil. • Half cups of Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce. • Combine all above in a small bowl stir well.
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce
- Kewpie - Mayonnaise