- 1 packet udon noodles
- 1L dashi (I used packet dashi + 1L water)
- 2-3 small pieces of kombu kelp
- 1 carrot cut to chunks
- 10 dried shiitake mushrooms (soaked)
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 spring onions chopped
- Cook the udon noodles according to package direction then set aside.
- Boil stock and then lower the heat to medium.
- Add carrots, cook until slightly tender for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, snow peas and cook until slightly tender but still bright green for about a minute.
- In a bowl, add miso paste, ladleful of hot broth and then whisk until miso is dissolved, then pour the whole miso mixture into the pot. Do not put it into boil.
- Stir the noodles and green onions.
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Udon Noodles