- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 500 g jap pumpkin, unpeeled cut into wedges
- 1 brown onion cut into wedges
- 227g water chestnut slices, drained
- 1/3 cup of hoisin sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 1/3 cups Jasmine rice
- 1 green onion sliced diagonally
- Pre-heat oven to 220c or 200c fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the chicken, pumpkin, brown onion, and water chestnuts on prepared tray. Combine hoisin sauce and soy sauce in a small bowl, then pour over chicken and vegetables. Turn to coat.
- Bake chicken and veg for 40minutes, basting with sauce during cooking, until chicken is browned and cooked through. Cook rice to packet directions.
- Sprinkle chicken and vegetables with green onion. Serve with rice.
Product used in recipe
- Valcom - Water Chestnut Sliced