- 400g duck breast
- 3 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/8 cup (30mls) shaoxing wine
- 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- 6-8 bao buns for steaming
- 1 cucumber, slices to strips
- 1 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, cut to 3-4 cm length
- extra hoisin Sauce for serving
- Combine marinade ingredients (hoisin sauce, garlic, shaoxing wine, five spice powder)in a small food processor until it forms a runny paste. Add to duck and marinate all over, covering well.
- Place duck skin side down in a pan on medium heat, using no oil for 5 minutes until golden brown. Turn and cook for a further 2 mins. Preheat oven to 180 C while cooking.
- Transfer to oven pan and cook in over for a further 8 minutes. Rest uncovered for 5 minutes before slicing.
- While duck is cooking, boil a steamer or saucepan and steam the bao buns for 4-5 minutes.
- Finely slice the cucumber, carrot and green onion.
- When duck has rested, slice into 4-5cm medium thick pieces. Serve immediately with hot steamed bao buns. Fill with sliced carrots and cucumber. Place duck on top, then garnish with a spring onion slice and hoisin sauce.
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Hoi Sin Sauce