- 350g pork belly
- 16 large prawns, peeled
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 5 cups wombok, shredded
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 3 tbsp soy
- 3 tbsp dark soy
- 150ml chicken stock
- 500g hokkien noodles
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Cut the skin and fatty part off the pork belly, cut into 6mm pieces. Cut the pork belly meat portion in 4mm slices.
- Prepare hokkien noodles according to packet instructions.
- Heat wok to medium-high heat, add in pork belly fat and cook on high heat for approximately 2 minutes until the pieces are brown and crisp, remove pieces from wok, set aside.
- Add the pork belly meat to the wok and cook for 2-3 minutes until browned, remove from wok.
- Place the prawns in the wok, cook for30 seconds until they turn pink, set aside.
- Add garlic to wok, cook for 10 seconds, add in wombok, cook for 1 minute.
- Mix together in a bowl: oyster sauce, white pepper, soy, dark soy and chicken stock, stir well to combine, then pour into wok. Stir fry noodles for 3-4 minutes. Return pork belly and prawns back to wok, stir fry to cover in sauce.
- In a small bowl, add cornflour with 2 tbsp water, mix well, then pour into wok, stir frying to combine the cornflour to thicken the sauce.
- Transfer the hokkien noodles to a serving dish, sprinkle with spring onions and crispy pork pieces and serve.
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce