- 2 cups water
- 1 heaped tsp chicken stock powder
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, roughly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/4 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Ready sauce for Cantonese chicken (to taste)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp carrot, grated
- 1 spring onion (green part), finely sliced
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger and onion and saute until fragrant.
- Add in water, chicken stock powder and Chinese cabbage. Bring it to a gentle simmer until cabbage has completely softened.
- Add in sauce (to taste). Simmer for further 1 minute.
- Remove cabbage from stock. Slowly pour egg into stock and slowly stir until egg is cooked. Alternatively, to make egg drop ribbons, stir stock continuously in a circular motion with one hand while slowly pouring beaten egg with the other hand.
- Return cabbage to stock.
- Remove from heat. Serve and garnish with carrot and spring onion.
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Ready Sauce For Cantonese Chicken