- 150 g sushi rice
- 1 onion halved and sliced
- 1 eggplant cubed into 3 cm pieces
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar or raw sugar
- 3 Tbsp Obento rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp LKK soy sauce
- 2 Tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp ABC chilli sauce
- 100g green beans halved
- 1-2 sliced red chillies
- Cook the rice following packet instructions.
- Fry the onion and aubergine in the oil in a wide shallow pan with a lid on until golden and softened. Stir every few minutes.
- Mix the sugar and vinegar in a small bowl. Add the soy sauce and chilli sauce, and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the cornflour and mix together.
- Add the beans and sliced red chilli to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes with the lid on. Add the sweet and sour mix, stir and continue cooking for a further 2 minutes with the lid on.
- Serve with the sticky rice with extra soy and chillies on the side.
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce
- ABC - Chilli Sauce Original
- Obento - Rice Wine Vinegar