- Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Cheddar cheese (or your preferred cheese)
- Tomato, ham, onion etc
- Kewpie mayonnaise is super versatile. For years I used butter or oil on the outside of the bread to help brown it. Then I discovered the Japanese spread Kewpie mayonnaise on the OUTSIDE of the bread before you toast to make a good toasty even better.
- Spread one slice of bread with a liberal coating of Kewpie mayonnaise and place mayonnaise side down on your toaster. You can pan fry if you want but it takes way longer.
- Load with fillings of your choice. This recipe is not really about the filling but the outside. However, favourite for us is tomato with good sprinkle of salt, ham, onion and plenty of cheese.
- Top with another slice of bread and then spread more Kewpie mayonnaise on top. Cook to your level of doneness which is around 3-5 minutes.
- Cut into triangles. (Pro tip:- Triangles taste better according to my daughter). Serve with a little garnish. This particular one looked like a dinosaur so I made a little eye out of spinach.
Product used in recipe
- Kewpie - Kewpie Mayonnaise