- 1 long eggplant
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of minced ginger
- #cooking sauce#
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoon lee kum kee pure sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons white sesame
- ½ teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of water
- Peel off the skin from the eggplant, then cut the eggplant into about 10 cm long strips 4 cm thick, steam for about 10 minutes. And then gently flatten the eggplant with a knife.
- Heat the fry pan, add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil then put the eggplant into the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes each side until the eggplant is lightly brown and then add the minced garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute.
- Put all the cooking sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix well, then add to the pan with the eggplant and cook for 3 minutes until the sauce is thick.
- Then sprinkle with chopped spring onion and serve with rice.
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Sesame Oil