- 1 tbs Light Soy Sauce1 Tbs Cooking Sake1 Tbs finely grated fresh Ginger1/2 Cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets70g Panko crumbs50g plain flour2 eggspeanut oil - to deep fryTonkatsu sauceGreen shallots thinly slicedKewpie MayonnaiseLemon wedges
- Combine the soy sauce, sake and ginger in a shallow dish.Add the cauliflower and toss to coat. Set aside, turning occasionally, for 20 minutes marinate.
- Place the bread crumbs and flour separately on 2 large plates, Place the egg in a dish and lightly whisk to combine
- Drain the cauliflower from the marinade, and discard the marinade. Working in batches, place the cauliflower in the flour and coat. Dip in the egg, and then breadcrumbs. pressing firmly to coat. Transfer to plate.
- Pour enough oil into a large wok or saucepan to come one-third the way up the side. Heat over medium-high heat to 180C on a cooks thermometer. Working in batches of about 4-5 pieces, deep fry the cauliflower, turning for 5 mins or until golden.
- Transfer cauliflower to serving dish. Season. Drizzle with Tomkatsu and sprinkle with shallots.Serve mayonnaise and lemon wedges on the side.
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Cooking Sake
- Obento - Tonkatsu Sauce