- 1 cup plain flour.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock.
- 1 tbsp soy sauce.
- 3 eggs.
- 100g purple sweet potato, grated.
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded.
- 1/4 cup spring onion roughly chopped, plus extra for garnish.
- Vegetable oil.
- Japanese kewpie mayonnaise to serve.
- Tonkatsu sauce to serve.
- Seaweed and wasabi flakes for garnish (optional).
- Whisk plain flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add vegetable stock, soy sauce and eggs to the mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add sweet potato, cabbage and spring onion to the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of the mixture to the frying pan and use a spoon to shape it into a thick round pancake. Cook for 3 minutes on one side, flip the pancake and cook for another 3 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer the pancake to a plate lined with a paper towel. Repeat step 5 to create another pancake.
- Drizzle the ready pancakes with kewpie mayonnaise and tonkatsu sauce.
- Garnish with spring onions, seaweed and wasabi flakes. (optional).
Product used in recipe
- Kewpie - Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Obento - Tonkatsu Sauce