- 600g medium tofu
- 300g baby asparagus
- 1 cucumber
- 450g soba noodles
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp rice flour
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 pkt LKK teriyaki sauce
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- In a small bowl, mix together: white and black pepper, salt, sesame seeds and rice flour. On a separate plate, pour on sesame oil.
- Cut the cucumber lengthways, then remove the seeds. Cut the cucumber into 5cm lengths, then slice into thin pieces. Cut the asparagus into 5cm lengths.
- Prepare soba noodles according to packet directions. In the last 1 minute of cooking, add the asparagus and cucumber to the soba noodles. Drain and set aside.
- Pat dry the tofu with a paper towel. Cut into cubes then dip into the sesame oil, then coat in the seasoned flour.
- In a medium frying pan, heat oil to medium, then fry the tofu for approximately 2 minutes on each side until golden. Place onto a wire rack to drain any excess oil.
- In a small pot, heat through the teriyaki sauce, then add in the noodles, asparagus and cucumber, generously coat in sauce.
- Transfer noodles and vegetables to a serving plate, top with tofu and sliced spring onions. Enjoy!
Product used in recipe
- Hakubaku - Hakubaku Organic Soba