- 2 large free range eggs
- 150 gram firm tofu
- A hand bean sprouts,soak in the boiled water for 5 second,drain well
- Lontong (Indonesian Pressed Rice)
- Cucumber pickles
- Fried shallot
- 50 gram roasted or fried peanuts
- 50 gram palm sugar
- 3 hot chilli
- 1 long red chilli,discard the seed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 10 gram tamarind flesh
- 200 ml hot water
- 1 tsp black shrimp paste (Petis Usang)
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- Place eggs in a clean bowl,season wish salt,whisk till well combine.
- Cut the tofu into small cube,add in to the egg mixture,mix gently.
- Heat non stick pan with 1 tsp oil,fried the egg tofu mixture till golden brown or as you like,set aside.
- #Make the peanut sauce : Soak 10gr tamarind in a 200ml hot water.
- Fine grind roasted peanut,garlic,chilli (you can use blender or manual using mortar and pestle).Add palm sugar,black shrimp paste,sweet soy sauce and salt,mix well.
- Add approx 50-100 ml tamarind water (adjust if you like runny sauce),mix well.
- Spoon peanut sauce into prepared plate,add lontong,bean sprout,and egg tofu on it,finish with fried shallot,chopped celery and sweet soy sauce on top.Ready to serve.
Brands and product used
- ABC - Sweet Soy Sauce