- 375g Salted Jellyfish
- 500g Chicken breast fillets
- 1 Tbsp Salted Shao Xing cooking wine
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 Slices of Ginger (cut into strips)
- 3 medium size Cucumber (deseed, cut into strips)
- 2 Carrot sticks (shredded)
- Coriander for garnish
- 1 Tbsp White sesame seeds (toasted)
- 2 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Superior Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Prepare Salted Jellyfish according to the instructions on the package.
- Slice Chicken breast fillets into 1cm thick for faster cooking in later steps.
- Marinade Chicken breast fillets with Salted Shao Xing cooking wine, Salt and top with a few strips of Ginger. Marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Bring the water in the steamer to boil. Steam the marinaded Chicken breast fillets with high heat for about 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Once the marinated Chicken breast fillets are cooked through, take them out and soak them in icy water for 5 minutes. Then drain the Chicken breast fillets. Reserve the liquid from the steam Chicken breast fillets.
- Shred the cooked Chicken breast fillets and place them on the bottom of your dish.
- Place Cucumber strips on the shredded Chicken breast fillets. Then place shredded Carrots on top of the Cucumber strips. Finally, top them with the prepared Salted Jellyfish.
- Garnish with Coriander and sprinkle with toasted White sesame seeds.
- For the sauce, heat the Lee Kum Kee Superior Light Soy Sauce in microwave for 20 secs. Add in Sugar, stir until Sugar is dissolved. Add in White vinegar, Sesame oil and 2 Tbsp of the reserved liquid from the steam Chicken breast fillets. Mix well. Drizzle over the dish. Enjoy!
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Light Soy Sauce