- 500g chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 150g eggplant
- 150g green beans
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 8 dried long red chillies
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tsp shrimp paste
- 2 tbsp coriander root, chopped
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- ½ tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Thai bail
- 2 fresh long red chillies, sliced
- In a bowl place the dried chillies with boiling water, set aside for 10 minutes. Remove chillies from water, but reserve the chilli water.
- Using a small food processor, add in: Thai red curry paste, long chillies, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, shallots, shrimp paste and coriander root. Blitz until a paste forms.
- In a medium saucepan, add in oil on medium heat. Add curry paste along with salt, ground coriander and ground cumin, stir for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken to the saucepan, mix through paste, then add 2 cups of water and the chilli water. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add beans and eggplants, cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the fish sauce and cook for another 4-5 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Transfer jungle curry to a serving dish and top with Thai basil and fresh chilli.
Product used in recipe
- Valcom - Valcom Curry Paste Red