- 1 steak
- Half a cup of corn flour
- Half a cup of plain flour
- Oil for frying
- Rice and shallots for seving
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking sake
- 1 1/2 tablespoons a soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- Cut beef into strips and place into a bowl with garlic, ginger, cooking sake, mirin, and soy sauce. Allow to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Coat the beef in corn flour and plain flour.
- Deep fry in oil in a pan for a short while til meat is cooked and batter golden brown. Once cooked remove and place on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve with rice and shallots, and any other desired veggies. You may like to serve with kewpie mayonnaise.
Brands and product used
- Obento - Mirin Seasoning