- 2 shallots
- 1 red chili
- 3 tbsp minced garlic (or 8 cloves)
- 2 tsp ground ginger (or 2 in piece)
- 1 tbsp ground coriander seed
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1L low sodium chicken stock
- 2x 400mL cans of TCC premium coconut milk
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 300g egg noodles
- 2x 100g packs of Chang's crunchy fried noodles
- 1 lime
- Place shallots, chili, garlic cloves, peeled ginger, ground coriander, turmeric, curry powder and 2 tbsp of water in blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a large pot, heat two tbsp of olive oil and add the blended paste. Cook until slightly darkened. About 2-3 mins.
- Add coconut milk, chicken stock, and 250 mL of water to pot and heat to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the chicken drumsticks and cook for 25-30 mins. Optional, before putting the chicken drumsticks in the boiling pot, remove skin and place skins on oven tray with salt/pepper and roast at 200oC for 7-8 mins or until crunchy.
- While the pot boils, cook egg noodles according to package instructions.
- 2 minutes before soup is ready, add in the brown sugar and oyster sauce. Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cooked noodles, drumstick, soup broth, crunchy noodles on top, with a lime wedge.
Product used in recipe
- TCC - Premium Coconut Milk