- ~*MAIN INGREDIENTS*~
- 1 1/2 KG Beef short ribs
- 1 Large carrot, peeled and cut into large chunks (smooth out edges with vegetable peeler)
- 1 Smalll Korean radish or daikon radish, peeled and cut into large chunks like the carrots (smooth out edges with vegetable peeler)
- 3 Fresh shiitake mushroom, cut into halves (if using dried shiitake soak For 30 minutes before hand)
- ~*BRAISING LIQUID*~ (blend all ingredients together into blender, or grate with grater into a bowl)
- 1/2 Korean pear or any crisp apple, peeled
- 1/2 Brown onion, peeled
- 8 Large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Slices of ginger, peeled
- 3/4 Cup of Korean soy sauce or any soy Sauce of choice
- 1/3 Cup OBENTO Cooking Sake or any rice wine.
- 3 1/2 Tbs of gochugaru ( Korean chilli flakes) or red pepper flakes
- 3 1/2 Tbs of gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- 1/4 Cup of OBENTO Mirin Seasoning or honey or sugar
- Pepper to taste
- ~*SWEET POTATO NOODLES*~
- 80 Grams of sweet potato noodles, boiled
- 1 Tbs of Yeo's Pure Sesame Oil
- 1 Fresh red chilli chopped
- 1 Fresh green chilli, chopped
- 1 Fresh spring onion, roughly chopped and some finely sliced spring onion
- STEP 1: Bring a large pot of water to the boil. ( Enough to cover the beef ribs). Add beef ribs to pot and boil for 10 minutes.
- STEP 2: Drain the water and beef ribs in a strainer. Wash the ribs under cold water. Place ribs back into clean pot.
- STEP 3: Pour braising liquid all over, coat everything evenly. Add 5-6 cups of water ( enough to almost cover the ribs). Cover pot with lid and boil on a high heat for around 30-40 minutes. After turn heat down to a medium flame and leave covered for an additional 30-45 minutes.
- STEP 4: Uncover pot, Add your radish, carrot and mushroom and stir well. Cook for a further 30 minutes, still on medium heat.
- STEP 5: Bring a new small pot of water to boil, once boiled add sweet potato noodles. cook for 8-10 minutes. Once cooked strain water and noodles. Rinse noodles under cold water for a minute.
- STEP 6: Add sweet potato noodles to pot where ribs and vegetables are cooking. Stir well and cook for 5- 10 minutes. Adjust Any Seasoning To Taste.
- STEP 7: Turn off heat. Stir in sesame seed oil.
- ~ASSEMBLE BEEF BRAISED RIBS~
- STEP 8: Transfer dish to your favourite serving bowl. Garnish with crushed roasted sesame seeds, Sliced Red/ Green fresh chilli and spring onion. ~ENJOY!~
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Cooking Sake
- Obento - Mirin Seasoning
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil