- 500g Chicken mince
- 1 small brown onion, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cm piece of ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 cup roughly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 375g korma simmer sauce
- 1 1/4 basmati rice
- 270g can coconut cream
- 1 small capsicum, deseeded, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind and 1/4 cup juice
- 2 baby cos lettuce leaves, separated
- Lebanese cucumber, cut into wedges, to serve
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Combine mince, onion, garlic, and half the coriander in a bowl Roll tablespoons pf mixture into balls and place on a tray.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook for 8 minutes or until browned on all sides. Add Korma simmer sauce and 1/2 cup of water.Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until cooked through
- Meanwhile, rinse until water runs clear. Place rice, coconut cream and 1 cup of water into a saucepan over high heat. Bring mixture to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until craters form in the rice. Reduce for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and stand for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork, season and stir through capsicum, lemon rind and juice and the remaining coriander.
- Place lettuce leaves on a serving platter. Spoon coconut rice, meatballs and sauce onto leaves. Serve with cucumber and top with coriander sprigs.
Brands and product used
- TCC - Coconut Cream