- 2 Tbsp cashew nuts
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 large red chilli sliced thinly
- 150 grams raw peeled prawns
- 1/2 Tsp Szechuan crushed peppercorns
- 4 spring onions chopped into 4-5 pieces each
- 50 grams snow peas topped and sliced in half
- Obento noodles to serve
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Obento rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Chinese Cooking wine
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar or raw sugar
- 2 Tsp cornflour
- 1 Tsp ABC chilli sauce
- Cook noodles as per directions and drain.
- Meanwhile heat 1 Tbsp oil in a non-stick pan or wok and cook the cashews until golden. Scoop out of the pan, put aside then add the prawns and stir-fry until pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Scoop the prawns out then add the garlic, ginger, chilli, szechuan pepper and spring onions, snow peas, red chilli and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Gradually mix the sauce ingredients together and add cornflour, then add 100 ml water. Add the prawns and cashews back into the pan. Stir everything together then add in the sauce and toss until thickened. Serve with noodles.
- Add in more chilli sauce or red chillies to taste and garnish with sliced spring onions and chillies. Enjoy!
Brands and product used
- Obento - Soba Noodles
- Obento - Rice Wine Vinegar
- ABC - Chilli Sauce Original