- ½ cup Lap Cheong
- 4 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 1 medium-sized brown onion, finely diced
- 5 cups cooked medium-grain white rice
- 1 cup finely sliced spring onions
- 1½ tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp shao hsing wine
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Panda brand oyster sauce
- 3 tsp Maggi seasoning
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- ½ large red chilli, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 1. Heat oil in a hot wok until the surface seems to shimmer slightly. Pour beaten eggs into wok and cook for about 1 minute, lightly scrambling them and rotating the wok to ensure even cooking. When almost cooked through, carefully remove omelette from wok with a fish slice and drain on kitchen paper. Set aside.
- Wipe out wok with kitchen paper, add extra oil and stir-fry ginger and garlic for 1 minute, or until very aromatic. Add brown onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until lightly browned and tender. Add bacon and stir-fry for a further minute, or until lightly browned. Stir in sugar and wine, then stir-fry for 30 seconds. Finally, add rice, reserved omelette, oyster sauce, spring onion, Maggi seasoning and sesame oil. Stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until rice is heated through. Roughly chop omelette into smaller pieces as you stir.
- Divide rice between individual bowls and garnish with extra spring onions. Combine soy sauce and chilli in a small bowl and serve on the side.
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Panda Brand Oyster Sauce
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce