- 6 -8 Leftover meatballs (I used chicken meatballs)
- 1 cup of cooked rice (Leftover)
- Small piece of continental cucumber sliced longitudinally - 4 thin slices
- Two table spoon of cream cheese or shower cream(optional).
- Bento Sushi seasoning - 2 table spoon
- Salt and pepper to sprinkle
- Soya sauce if needed
- Obento Yaki Nori for sushi - 2 strips
- Chop meatballs in small pieces, may be 4 to 6 pieces depending on the size of meatballs.
- Slice cucumber in a thin longitudinal pieces just to fit the sushi strip
- Put leftover rice into a bowl and add 2 spoons of Obento sushi seasoning.Mix well and Set aside
- Bring two strips of yaki nori out and place one at a time on a bambo mat.
- Spread rice evenly on nori sushi in the direction of which it will be rolled, leaving about 1cm of length from the top so it can stick well after rolling.
- Place cucumber, meat balls and cream cheese on top of rice, closer to one end where you will start rolling from.
- Spray salt and pepper and then roll
- Cut the roll in halves and place into kids lunch boxes with soya sauce (if needed) my kids like sushi without any sauce.
- This is very yummy, healthy and easy lunch I have ever made.. I use all kinds of leftovers for filling such as chicken strips, curry prowns, chicken chillies etc...
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Sushi Seasoning
- Obento - Yaki Nori For Sushi
- Obento - Sushi Bamboo Mat
- Obento - Japanese Soy Sauce