- 500g pork spare ribs
- 1 small red capsicum
- 3 tsp cornflour (for marinade)
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Guizhou Black Bean Chilli Sauce (for marinade)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed) (for marinade)
- 1tsp dark soy sauce (for marinade)
- Wash spare ribs and cut between the bones to separate ribs.
- Prepare a pot with water and a steaming rack, and bring to the boil. Ensure the water level is just above the steaming rack.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a metal dish ready for steaming.
- Add the ribs and make sure all the surfaces are covered with the marinade.
- Carefully place the dish on the steaming rack, making sure the water touches the bottom of the steaming dish but doesn’t bubble over.
- Steam for 20 minutes, keeping the water boiling, until meat is tender.
- While the pork is steaming, slice the capsicum into strips.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the capsicum to the frying pan and stir fry for about 1 minute until just cooked and set aside.
- Once the pork is ready, add the cooked capsicum, and stir through. Serve with steamed rice.
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Guizhou Black Bean Chilli