- 150 g fresh mantis shrimp meat
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbs coriander stem (roughly chopped)
- ¼ coriander leaves
- 10 thai basil leaves
- 4 tbs panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp corn-starch
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 egg white
- Extra panko breadcrumbs for crumbing
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Kewpie sriracha mayo and lime wedges to serve
- In a food processor, process shrimp, fish sauce, coriander stem and leaves, basil, panko, pepper & egg white until smooth. Add rice and mix till combined. Set aside in the freezer for a quick set to firm moose mixture as much as possible.
- Heat oil wok to about 160 deg C.
- Remove moose mixture and gently dived into tablespoon-size balls.
- Lightly crumb each ball and gently lower into the hot oil.
- Balls will rise to the top so you will need a turn to give 2.5 minutes each side until an even light golden brown color is achieved.
- When done, remove from oil & drain on paper towel.
- Serve immediately once drained and while still hot with a side of Kewpie sriracha mayo and lime wedges.
Brands and product used
- Obento - Panko Breadcrumbs
- Kewpie - Mayonnaise