- 10 gm unsalted butter 500 gm uncooked tiger prawns 200 ml Tcc coconut milk 1 tsp baking powder. 1 fish or vegetable stock cube 125 ml water 200 gm potatoes peeled and chopped into 20 cm squares. good squeeze of lemon juice. fresh chopped coriander
- massaman sauce 1/2 onion chopped. 2 garlic cloves. 1 tbsp Valcom massaman curry paste. 1 red chilli deseeded & chopped. 1/2 tsp ground cumin. /2 tsp dried coriander pinch of salt & white or black pepper
- Serves 2. Add all the ingredients for the massaman sauce to a blender or food processor and blitz into a paste. Add some of the water as required. Melt the butter in a small frying pan over a medium heat and cook the prawns for 2 minutes turning them over as they go pink. Tip them from the pan into a small bowl and set aside. Cook the potatoes for approximately 15 minutes in boiling water until just cooked. You don’t want them to go soft.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add the massaman curry sauce. Cook gently for 2-3 minutes. Then add the coconut milk, baking powder, vegetable or fish stock cube, salt and water and stir thoroughly, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and prawns and fold them into the mixture. Allow them to heat up and squeeze in the lemon juice. Serve with basmati rice and garnish with chopped coriander.
Product used in recipe
- Valcom - Thai Massaman Curry Paste
- TCC - Premium Coconut Milk