- 200g firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons Massaman curry paste
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 10 snow peas, cut in half
- Half a red capsicum, diced
- Bunch of broccolini, cut in thirds
- Half a tin bamboo shoot slices
- Half a tin of water chestnut slices
- 1/2 tin of coconut milk
- Half a lime wedge
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 cup black rice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Put a saucepan on to boil and cook the rice as per directions on the packet.
- Cut tofu into cubes and place in a container with a lid, add half the massaman curry paste and leave to marinate for 20 minutes. Then add the cornflour and put the lid on and shake. While the rice is cooking fry the tofu (set aside container) in extra virgin olive oil in a wok turning until golden brown on each side, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the vegetables and a splash of water to the wok and stir fry for a few minutes. In the container that you marinaded the tofu in add the other half of the massaman curry paste, brown sugar, fish sauce, tamarind paste and coconut water and shake. Add this sauce to the wok and stir until vegetables are cooked but still crunchy and then add to tofu and give it a stir.
- Serve with cooked black rice and a squeeze of lime.
Brands and product used
- Valcom - Curry Paste Massaman
- Valcom - Bamboo Shoot Slices
- Valcom - Water Chestnuts Sliced