- 2 x 150g skinless, Ocean Trout (or salmon) centre cut, fillets
- 1/4 cup Kewpie Sesame and Soy Dressing
- 5cm fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp Obento Ponzu sauce
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed to 7cm
- Selection of Green vegetables eg bokchoy, asparagus, snow peas, broccolini
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Line a tray with foil. Turn on oven grill to high.
- To make marinade combine Kewpie Sesame Soy Dressing, ginger, sugar and Obento Ponzu sauce.
- In rice cooker start cooking rice. When rice is nearly cooked add the green vegetables to steam (about 2 minutes until just cooked).
- Place fish and spring onions on prepared tray. Spoon marinade over both fish and spring onions. Pop under high grill for 4 minutes. The fish should be golden-brown to black on top and moist and flaky inside. Remove from oven.
- Place steamed rice on dish with steamed green vegetables. Top with the grilled fish and spring onions. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with extra ponzu sauce on the side.
- Why ‘Mea Culpa’? It feels almost sinful to serve such a delicious meal so quickly. Surely it can’t be cooking? Mea Culpa!
Brands and product used
- Kewpie - Japanese Soy Sesame Dressing
- Obento - Ponzu Sauce