- 250 g beef (sliced thinly - shabu shabu style)
- 100g Lotus Root (Sliced)
- 100g burdock Root (Sliced - matchsticks)
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs mirin seasoning
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Approx. 80g Japanese green tea noodles
- Garnish – sliced spring onions
- In a small saucepan, add all ingredients apart from noodles, sesame oil & spring onion garnish. Add water until just below the top of ingredients and add to the stove on high heat until a boil starts.
- When at a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer with an aim to reduce liquid by half. Remember to stir occasionally.
- While reducing, cook noodles as per packet directions. When cooked, drain, toss through sesame oil, cover and set aside while other pot has reduced by half.
- Once reduced, remove from heat.
- To plate, place in serving bowl noodles topped with Beef and root mixture (along with liquid) and top with spring onions.
- Enjoy while hot!
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce
- Squid Brand - Fish Sauce
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil