- 3 cups Basmati Rice
- 500g Diced Chicken Thigh
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Red Capsicum
- 1 Kai-lan (Chinese Broccoli)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Onion
- 1 Lee Kum Kee Honey Soy Chicken
- Wash and cook the basmati rice. If using a rice cooker, add 5 cups of water for fluffy, perfectly cooked rice.
- Toss the diced chicken with 20ml of the honey soy chicken sauce in a large bowl and allow it to sit and marinate.
- Chop the zucchini, red capscicum, kai-lan, garlic and onion. Separate the kai-lan leaves and stalks as they will require different cooking times.
- Lightly spray a fry pan with canola oil and place it on high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and let it brown. Next, add the onion and stir until it starts to brown.
- Add the kai-lan stalks and continue to stir.
- After 2 minutes, add in the marinated chicken and stir.
- After another 2 minutes, or when the chicken pieces have been seared on all sides, reduce the heat to medium. Add the kai-lan leaves.
- After 1 minute, or when the kai-lan leaves have all wilted, add the chopped red capsicum and continue to stir.
- After another minute, add the zucchini and the remaining mongolian lamb sauce.
- Allow the mix to simmer for a minute and then serve with the freshly cooked rice.
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Ready Sauce Honey Soy Chicken