- Minced Pork
- Spring onions
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Oyster sauce
- Soy sauce
- Red chilli pepper
- White pepper powder
- Cut spring onions and ginger into big chunks and soak them in a jar with water, set aside. Cut shiitake mushrooms into tiny dices, set aside. Cut Red chilli peppers and some more spring onions into slices, set aside.
- Mix minced pork in a bowl clock wise, add the spring onion and ginger soaked water bit by bit while mixing
- Once the minced pork becomes more thick, beat one egg and add into the minced pork mix
- Once the minced pork mix is ready, add in shiitake mushrooms, salt and white pepper powder then mix well
- Cut eggplants into one side opened sandwiches, then fill up the sandwich with minced pork mix, then seal up the opening by rolling the sandwiches opening in a bowl of starch
- Heat the pan and add cooking oil, then seared up the eggplant sandwiches on medium heat
- Once all the eggplant sandwiches are seared and ready in the pan, put in the rest of the spring onion and ginger water, add oyster sauce, soy sauce and red chilli pepper. Turn the eggplants sandwiches few times during the cooking.
- Let it cook and reduce to thick sauce, turn the eggplants sandwiches few times during the cooking
- Serve up on a plate and throw in some sliced spring onions!
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Soy Bean Sauce