- 4 fresh salmon fillets skin on
- Rice bran or vegetable oil for shallow frying
- 1/4 cup white Miso paste
- 3 tbsp Obento sushi seasoning
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Sesame seeds
- Mix Miso, sushi seasoning, sesame oil and sugar together in a bowl until smooth
- Put salmon fillets in bowl and turn to cover with sauce. Let marinate 10 mins.
- Heat enough oil in to cover the bottom of a frypan pan 1 cm on a medium high heat.
- Cook salmon skin side down first for 3 minutes, or until skin is dark and crispy. Turn salmon once, cook another 3 minutes or as desired.
- Serve with rice and steamed veg, drizzle with a little remaining sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Sushi Seasoning