- Broth ingredients:Canola oil2 Shiitake mushroom2 cloves Garlic 1 heaped tbsp Miso paste1 heaped tbsp Tahini1tbsp mirin 4 cups Water
- Ingredients for marinated mushrooms/fig:Handful of Enoki mushroom 6 x shiitake mushrooms1 x large king oyster mushroom (sliced in 4 slices lengthways)1 Fig halved1 tbsp Soy sauce1 Garlic clove minced 1 tsp minced ginger1 tbsp Honey
- Noodle bowl ingredients: 2 single serve packs ramen noodlesChilli oil1 Egg2 Spring onion stalks1/2 Carrot 1/2 sheet nori seaweed
- To make the mushrooms and fig:Mix soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger and 1 tsp oil and marinate the shiitake and king oyster mushrooms and fig for 15 minutes. Spray a double sided grill with oil and grill mushrooms and fig for approximately 5 minutes.
- To make the broth:Finely chop 2 cloves garlic. Slice 2 shiitake mushroom. In a medium saucepan on medium heat, add 1 tbsn canola oil and once heated sauté the garlic and sweat the mushroom slices. Add the miso paste stir until fragrant and then add the water a little bit at first, stir to mix through miso then the rest. Add mirin and bring to a slow simmer. In a cup add a ladle full of the warm broth to the tahini to make it easier to mix through then add this tahini mix to the broth. Make sure the tahini is thoroughly mixed through and ensure it doesn’t boil as it will easily separate.
- To prepare the ingredients for the ramen noodle bowl:Make medium boiled eggs in the shell by simmering in boiling water for 5 minutes. Peal shell and cut egg in half lengthways. Slice spring onion in sticks lengthways and julienne the carrot and place both in chilled water for a few minutes to make it curl. In boiling water prepare the noodles as per the packet directions. Cut half a nori sheet into 6 rectangle. Arrange noodles and grilled mushroom and enoki mushrooms in the bowl and add the broth. On top arrange the fig (quartered), egg, carrot, spring onion and seaweed. Add chilli oil to taste. Enjoy x
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Yaki Nori For Sushi