- 375g packet shredded jellyfish
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 knob of ginger
- 2 tbsp dark mushroom soya sauce
- 1 large field mushroom
- 1 large red chilli (heat to taste preference)
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 2 head of bok choy, or similar green leafy vegetable
- Ahead of time, rinse jellyfish, and place in container in fridge in clean water for 3 hours. Just prior to cooking, remove from fridge, rinse and set aside.
- Rinse brown rice in water, then place in saucepan with 4 cups of water. Bring to boil and simmer with lid for 20 minutes or until almost cooked. Turn off heat, letting the steam finish cooking the rice.Alternatively, use a rice cooker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- While rice is cooking, prepare ingredients. Grate the ginger. Chop garlic finely. Deseed the chilli and chop into 5mm slices. Cut mushroom into 1cm slices, the cut slices into quarters. Cut end off bok choy and wash clean.
- While rice is still cooking, heat sesame oil in a wok or frypan to medium-high heat. Add garlic, and fry for 1 minute. Add mushroom and stir for 1 minute. Add soy sauce, ginger and chilli. Stir as needed for 5 minutes. Put rinsed jellyfish in while turning to a high heat. Stir until jellyfish is heated through. Turn off.
- Boil 2-3 cm of water in saucepan, they add bok choy. Let steam with lid on for 4 minutes or until leaves are wilted. Pour off water.
- Serve up rice, with jellyfish and mushroom sauce on top and bok choy on the side into 4 or 5 bowls. Enjoy!
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Sesame Oil