- Nasi goreng -2 cups cooked + cooled jasmine rice-5 tbsp sweet soy (kecap manis)-3 spring onions-1 tbsp shrimp paste-2 tbsp sriacha hot chilli sauce-2 tbsp sesame oil-2 tbsp white pepper-2tbsp white sugar -1/4 cup fried shallots-4 free range eggs- black sesame seeds
- Satay chicken skewers-4 large chicken thigh fillets-5 tbsp curry powder-tbsp canola oil-bamboo skewers-salt and pepper
- Satay sauce-4 cloves finely chopped garlic-3 tbsp finely grated finger-1 large brown onion-1 can tcc coconut milk-250g smooth peanut butter1 tbsp soy sauce1tbsp brown sugar
- Chilli jam-1 jar Lee kum kee chilli bean sauce -1 cup ketchup1/4 cup red wine vinegar-1/4 cup caster sugar
- Nasi goreng Heat large wok on medium high heat, add oil and cook shrimp paste for 2-3 minsChop spring onion into rounds (green and white part)Add cooked rice to wok and toss then set sit.Add white pepper, sweet soy, sriacha and sugar, toss together until all rice is evenly coated.Turn heat up to high and toss to heat through.Add fried shallots, chopped spring onion and toss. Turn off heat and add sesame oil and toss again.Fry eggs in separate pan and set aside
- Chicken skewers.Soak bamboo skewers in water for 15 mins (to help prevent burning)Finely dice onion, garlic and ginger then set aside.Slice chicken into strips and place into bowl.Marinate chicken with oil, curry powder, salt and pepper.Pierce chicken strips onto skewers.Pre heat large pan on medium high heat.Place chicken skewers in pan and cook for 5 mins on one side. Flip skewers and cook for one minute then set aside.In the same pan add onion and cook for 3-5mins until softAdd garlic and ginger and cook for 1 min.Add peanut butter and melt,Whisk in coconut milk to combine.Then add soy sauce and brown sugar then bring to a simmer.Return skewers into the pan with the sauce and cook for 5 mins
- Chilli jamAdd chilli bean sauce, sugar, vinegar and ketchup to saucepan reduce on medium heat for 10 mins until thickened.
- Plate up Scoop rice onto one side of the bowl and top with fried egg then garnish with black sesame and fried shallot.Place skewers next to rice and spoon over extra sauce.Add a generous spoon of chilli jam onto bowl and serve.
Brands and product used
- TCC - Lite Coconut Milk