- 300 g Eggplant (peeled & cut into finger size)
- 1 pack Obento Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Japanese Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup Cooking Oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Wasabi
- 1 tsp Lime
- Prepare 3 bowls for Eggplant coating. On the first bowl, add flour, chili powder, salt & pepper.
- On the second bowl, beat the egg and on the third bowl, put the panko bread crumbs.
- Heat pan with oil in medium heat. Dredge eggplant in the flour mixture. Then dip it in egg wash and finally coat with panko bread crumbs.
- Repeat with all the rest of Eggplant. Fry for at least 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix mayo, lime, salt and wasabi in a small bowl for dressing for the dip and serve together.
Brands and product used
- Obento - Panko Breadcrumbs