- 1 large onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1cm3 of ginger - peeled
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1.25L of water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 250g firm tofu diced
- 3/4 of a broccoli chopped into small heads
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 x 200g serves of udon noodles
- Combine onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, paprika, cumin, chili and olive oil to food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove all paste from processor and place into a large pot. Cook the paste in the large pot on a medium heat, stirring frequently.Boil water in kettle.
- When paste becomes fragrant, add boiled water to paste in pot and stir well. Now add vegetable stock, salt and coconut milk then reduce to a simmer.
- In a separate pan, fry the tofu on high heat with oil until tofu is crispy. Reduce heat to medium-high then add broccoli and zucchini to pan with a pinch of salt. Allow vegetables to fry until broccoli is cooked through.
- In each serving bowl, add udon noodles and tease apart with hands or some forks. Now add about 3-4 ladles of laksa soup to each bowl. Finally, add fried tofu and vegetables to laksa.
Brands and product used
- TCC - Coconut Milk