- 500gms white cabbage, chopped.
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 1/2 tblspn pickled ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 250ml water
- 225g plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 tblspn vegetable oil
- 140gms bacon
- Okonomiyaki sauce
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- 2 tsp dried crumbled nori
- Bonito flakes, to garnish
- Mix together cabbage, spring onion, ginger, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, water, egg until smooth.
- Add batter to cabbage mixture and stir.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan.
- Pour in batter mixture and shape into a pancake.
- Turn heat down to medium and cover the frying pan with a lid. Cook, covered, for approx 5 minutes.
- Uncover and layer bacon over the pancake. Cover with the lid again and cook a further five minutes.
- Flip pancake over and cook, covered, for a further five minutes, or until pancake is cooked and bacon is crispy.
- Top with okonomiyaki sauce, Kewpie mayonnaise, sprinkle with nori and top with bonito flakes.
Product used in recipe
- Kewpie - Kewpie Mayonnaise