- 100g plain flour
- 2g dashi stock powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100ml water
- 1/4 cabbage
- 125g silken tofu
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil
- Okonomiyaki sauce
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- Dried bonito flakes
- Aonori seaweed (optional)
- Pickled ginger (optional)
- Mix flour, dashi stock powder and baking powder together with water and set aside.
- Chop cabbage finely, dice tofu into small pieces and add both to batter mix.
- Add egg and mix until just combined.
- Heat a frying pan on medium-high with 1tbls vegetable oil and pour the batter into a round pancake shape. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the bottom is light brown.
- Flip the pancake and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Crisscross the top of the pancake with okonomiyaki sauce, followed by kewpie mayonnaise.
- Repeat steps 4-6 three more times to produce a total of four pancakes, carefully layering the pancakes on top of each other as you go to create a stack.
- Finish off the final pancake toppings with dried bonito flakes, aonori and pickled ginger (if using) and slice into pieces to serve.
Product used in recipe
- Kewpie - Kewpie Mayonnaise