- 1 (1.5kg) side of salmon (skin on), pin boned
- 1 tbs maple syrup (substitute runny honey)
- 150g Kewpie mayonnaise
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 bunch dill, roughly chopped
- 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 250C. Grease a large oven tray big enough to fit the side of salmon and line with baking paper. Places salmon, skin-side down, on tray, and season liberally.
- Place maple syrup, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic and spices in a small bowl. Season to tatse, and stir to combine. Spread half of the mixture evenly over the fish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile place the herbs and zest in a bowl and toss gently to combine. Scatter herb mixture over the salmon. Transfer to a large platter ans serve with extra lemon halves and remaining mustard and mayonnaise mixture, alongside.
Brands and product used
- Kewpie - Mayonnaise