- 500gr lean pork mince
- 3 eshallots (thinly sliced)
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 3 Thai Red chillies or hotter variety like habanero or Trinidad scorpion if desired (thinly sliced)
- 1 large stalk of lemongrass (thinly sliced-white part only)
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbs fish sauce (squid brand)
- 1 tbs light soy sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
- 3 tsp oyster sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken stock or water
- 1 1/2 cups packed holy basil leaves (or Thai basil if cannot get hold of holy basil)
- 1/2 cup spiky coriander leaves (chopped)
- In a wok over medium high heat, add the oil, eschallots, garlic and lemongrass, and fry for 3 minutes
- Increase the heat to high and add the chillis and fry for a minute.
- Add pork mince and fry breaking it up into little bits with wooden spoon. Cook for 5-8 minutes until starting to brown and crisp up.
- Add all the sauces, spiky coriander and sugar. Stir fry for another minute.
- Add broth or water and cook for a minute or until liquid has reduced. Add holy basil. Turn off heat and stir until basil has wilted.
- Serve with steamed jasmine rice, some lettuce leaves or cucumber slices and a fried egg on the side.Recipe makes 4 servings.
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Panda Brand Oyster Sauce