- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 jar of Valcom Thai Panaeng Curry Paste
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander roots (finely diced)
- 1 tsp garlic (diced/minced)
- 1 tsp ginger (diced/minced
- 400ml coconut milk (the higher the percentage of coconut the better the flavour)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 500g lamb steaks (diced)
- 227g tin water chestnut slices (drained and washed)
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp kaffir lime leaves (finely sliced)
- (optional) fresh red chilli
- For serving, choice of rice or noodles, with fresh coriander leaves and fried shallots to top
- Heat a pan on low, add oil, then stir in the curry paste, garlic, ginger and coriander roots for 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add 1/2 the coconut milk stirring through until well combined. Cook for a few minutes until oil flecks appear in the sauce.
- Turn up to medium-high heat and add the lamb. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the coconut milk, fish sauce, soy sauce and chestnuts. Bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes until lamb is cooked (the cooking time will be affected by the size of the diced lamb i.e. the larger the pieces the longer to cook).
- To finish, stir through spinach, kaffir lime and chilli (if using) before removing from the heat.
- Serve with your choice of rice or noodles and top with coriander and fried shallots.
Product used in recipe
- Valcom - Thai Panaeng Curry Paste
- Valcom - Kaffir Lime Leaves
- Valcom - Water Chestnut Sliced