- Serves 2
- 200g lettuce, chopped
- 300g firm tofu, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cucumber sliced
- 40g corn kernel
- A few slices of spanish onions
- A few Nori sliced sheets
- 1 egg, whisked
- 50-75g panko crumbed
- 50g plain flour
- A pinch of salt & ground white pepper
- A pinch of garlic powder
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Dressing options: Roasted sesame Japanese dressing or Wasabi Soy dipping sauce.
- Combine well the salt, pepper, garlic powder and black sesame seeds in the Panko crumbed.
- Add a pinch of salt into the whisked egg, this is the egg wash.
- Dip the tofu slices in the flour and remove the excess flour. Then dip the tofu slices into the egg wash and finally coat them into the seasoned Panko crumbed. Put aside in a plate until all tofu slices has been coated.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan. Once you oil is hot, slowly put in the coated tofu.
- Let each side of the tofu cook for about 1-2 minutes. Do not stir or toss.
- Once the tofu is golden brown, remove from the pan and set aside on a paper towel.
- Assemble your salad bowl by mixing the salad components - lettuce, cucumber, onions, corn kernels, nori sheets and any additional ingredients of your choice.
- Top the salad bowl with the crispy tofu and add in dressing of your choice - taste best with a roasted sesame japanese dressing or a wasabi soy dipping sauce!
Brands and product used
- S&B - Wasabi in Tube
- Kewpie - Dressing Roasted Sesame
- Obento - Panko Breadcrumbs