- 2 cups rice (cooked and cooled overnight)
- 2 cups prawn cutlets
- 5 Chinese sausages (sliced)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Lee Kum Kee Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame Oil
- Spring onions (sliced, to garnish)
- Chilli (sliced, to garnish)
- Cooking oil
- Heat a wok over medium heat until smoking, then add 1 tsp of oil. Add the Chinese sausage and cook and render fat for 1-2 mins, being careful not to burn them. Set aside once cooked.
- Swirl the remaining fat and oil around the surface of the wok. Add prawns and stir fry for 30 secs until pink and cooked through. Remove from wok.
- Add the rice and stir through, ensuring the clumps of rice are broken up. Season with the soy sauce and dark soy sauce. Stir fry for 15 secs, then allow to sit and toast for 15 secs. Repeat for 1-2 mins, ensuring rice is coated evenly in the sauce.
- Add in the Chinese sausage, prawns and frozen peas and stir through. Stir fry for another 30 secs until peas are heated through.
- Remove from heat, drizzle over sesame oil and stir through.
- In a separate pan over medium, heat some oil. Crack the eggs into the pan and fry sunny-side up.
- To serve, add the fried rice into bowls. Top with fried egg, and garnish with spring onion and chilli. Serve and enjoy.
Brands and product used
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Dark Soy Sauce
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce