- 1 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1 tab vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup boiled water
- 2 tab cold water
- 500g pork mince
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tab freshly grated ginger
- 2 tab hoisin sauce
- Obento Sushi & Sashimi Soy Sauce, for serving
- In a large bowl place the flour, and with a butter knife gradually combine in the oil and hot water, then the cold water. This will be lumpy, combine together making sure to collect all of the flour, to make a ball of dough. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for five minutes until dough is smooth. Form a ball and cling wrap the dough leaving aside for half an hour whilst you prep the filling.
- Combine remaining ingredients, (excluding the soy sauce) which will make your pork filling. Cling wrap the bowl and set aside in the fridge.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil whilst you finish putting together the dumplings.Roll out the dough and cut 12 squares. Place a tablespoon of pork filling in the centre of each square, bringing the sides into the centre and sealing with a pinch.Cut squares of baking paper for the dumplings to sit on whilst steaming.
- Place dumplings inside of each tier of the steamer, (mine fits 4 dumplings to each tier) and steam for 15 minutes.Serve with a dish of soy sauce.
Brands and product used
- Obento - Sushi & Sashimi Soy Sauce